Updated: Apr 29, 2020
Chicken marinated in Shaoxing wine and soy sauce, stir-fried rice with peas and sweetcorn. Quick in preparation and made with 7 ingredients delicious meal.
2 chicken breasts
100g (3.5oz) peas
100g (3.5oz) sweetcorn
140g (5oz) rice (long-grain or jasmine)
50ml (1.8oz) Shaoxing wine
25ml (0.9oz) sweet soy sauce (use less if you are using standard soy sauce)
25ml sweet chilli sauce
1. Slice the chicken breasts and marinate in Shaoxing wine and soy sauce for 30 minutes - 2 hours max.
2. Cook washed rice al dente, drain and keep aside ready to be added to the dish.
3. Separate chicken from the marinade (keep it) and stir-fry it on a hot frying pan with a little bit of oil until golden brown. You might want to do this in two batches to help keep the temperature up.
4. Add vegetables and cook for another minute.
5. Add marinate and stir-fry for another minute.
6. Add rice and stir-fry for another two minutes.
7. Mix in sweet chilli sauce and serve.
You can also make a variation of this dish with thinly chopped peppers, onions and fresh coriander.