Updated: Dec 5, 2021
Simple yet delicious authentic Greek flatbread recipe. Perfect for Halloumi Souvlaki!
250ml (0.26quarts) of milk
1tsp of sugar
2tbsp olive oil
2tsp of dry yeast (20g of fresh yeast)
350g (12.3oz) of strong bread flour
1tsp of Greek herbs (Majoram, Oregano, Thyme)
1tsp salt (6-7grams)
1/4tsp of black pepper
1. In a small pan, combine milk, 1tsp of sugar, and 2tbsp of olive oil. Place on the stove and bring it to the lukewarm temperature (30-37C)(86F-98F).
2. Remove from the stove and dissolve yeast in the mixture, set aside for 15 minutes to activate the yeast.
3. Mix flour with remaining ingredients and add yeast mixture. Combine the dough and knead for 5-8 minutes.
4. Once the dough is nice and smooth, place it in the bowl and cover its surface with a little bit of olive oil. Prove the dough for 40 minutes or until double in size.
5. Once proved, divide into 6 equal parts. Roll each part into a circle, the size of your frying pan.
6. Heat the non-stick frying pan to medium-high and bake flatbreads on each side for around 1-2 minutes. Deflate if necessary. (If you do not have a non-stick pan you will need to use a little bit of oil to bake your flatbreads).
7. Subscribe for new recipe updates. Thank you for visiting my online cookbook!