If you looking for a dish that you can prepare for your partner to get them in a "good mood" this is the one. I love pasta especially for convenience, if you need a quick sauce this version of Chicken Paprikash can be prepared in less than 40 minutes. It is a rich flavour bomb with just enough spice to make your mouth tingle but not overwhelm. Be sure to use mild chilli powder or add less if using a standard one. Enjoy cooking guys and let me know how you liked it!
Ingredients for 4 portions:
2 chicken breasts sliced
1 green pepper cut julienne
1 red pepper cut julienne
1 large white onion, sliced
4 garlic cloves minced
300ml single cream
100ml-200ml vegetable or chicken stock
2tbsp Hungarian paprika
1/2tsp mild chilli powder
1tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
15 cherry tomatoes
6 brown mushrooms sliced
handful parsley, finely chopped
a handful of garlic chives, finely chopped
2tbsp of vegetable oil
2tbsp of lard (if not available use veg oil)
1tbsp of cornflour or potato starch
1. Slice chicken breasts and marinate them in 1tbsp of paprika, 1/2tsp of mild chilli powder, 1tsp of salt and 2tbsp of oil.
2. In a medium heat frying pan, add 2tbsp of lard. Once melted add sliced onion and cook on medium heat for around 5 minutes.
3. Next add sliced peppers, mushrooms, minced garlic and turn up the heat to high.
Stir fry for around 5 minutes then remove pan content to a bowl and set aside.
4. In the same pan, fry sliced chicken and once cooked through add fried vegetables.
5. Pour in 300ml of single cream and enough stock to cover everything in liquid, add cherry tomatoes, 1tsp of black pepper and a handful of finely chopped garlic chives. Bring to the boil and reduce to simmer, cover with a lid and cook for around 15 minutes or until cherry tomatoes start to open.
6. Thicken with 1tbsp of cornflour dissolved in 1tbsp of water. Adjust salt if necessary.
7. Serve over Conchiglie pasta as it catches the sauce nicely. Garnish with finely chopped parsley and some salad leaves on the side.
8. Subscribe for new recipe updates. Thank you for visiting my online cookbook!
Did you make it? Tag me on Instagram @chef_lukaszbabral or send me pictures, I will post them below :)