Marry Me Chicken
Updated: 5 days ago
As a chef, I am proud to present my recipe for Marry Me Chicken, a dish that is sure to steal your heart! The legend says that if you cook this dish for your significant other, they will propose without a second thought. This dish is perfect for a family dinner, as it is quick and easy to prepare, making it the ideal option for busy weeknights or Valentines dinner. You can also try Slow Cooker Marry Me Chicken recipe if you don't have much time in your busy life :)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What is Marry Me Chicken?
As a chef, I am always searching for new and exciting recipes to share with my audience. Today, I would like to introduce you to a mouth-watering pan-fried chicken dish, featuring a rich and creamy sauce, combined with the distinct flavour of parmesan cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, oregano, and a hint of heat from chilli flakes.
The key to this dish is to start by pan-frying the chicken until it is crispy and golden brown. This creates a delicious, caramelized crust on the outside while keeping the inside juicy and tender.
The combination of flavours in this dish is truly divine. The richness of the cream, combined with the nutty and salty flavour of the parmesan cheese, creates a base that is both satisfying and comforting. The sun-dried tomatoes add a touch of sweetness, while the garlic and oregano bring a fresh, herby taste to the dish. The chilli flakes add just the right amount of heat to balance everything out.
I encourage you to give this dish a try. Whether you are a seasoned home cook or just starting out in the kitchen, this recipe is easy to follow and will surely impress your family and friends. I guarantee that once you taste this dish, you will never want to go back to plain old chicken again.
This recipe makes: 4 portions
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Ingredients for Marry Me Chicken
3 medium-sized chicken breasts, each breast sliced into cutlets
100g (3.5oz) of plain flour (in the bowl)
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
150g (5.3oz) of sun-dried tomatoes, finely diced
2tbsp of olive oil (or oil from the sun-dried tomatoes)
30g (1oz) of butter
4 garlic cloves, finely diced
200ml (0.21quarts) of vegetable stock
300ml (0.31quarts) of heavy cream (double cream)
30g (1oz) of grated parmesan cheese (plus an additional 10g for garnish)
1tsp tomato paste
fresh basil leaves, for garnish
salt and black pepper, to taste
1tsp of chilli flakes (optional)
How to prepare Marry Me Chicken
1. Preheat the oven to 140C (284F) and place sliced cherry tomatoes on the tray. Drizzle the tomatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper. Slow-roast for 45 minutes.
2. Season sliced chicken breasts with salt and coat them in plain flour. Place the chicken on a plate, taking care not to stack the slices, as they may stick together.
3. In a frying pan, heat olive oil and butter over medium-high heat. Once the butter has melted, pan-fry the chicken breasts until both sides are golden brown. You may need to do this in three batches. Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate and cover it with another plate to keep it warm (Remember to always use a food thermometer to ensure that the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 74C (165°F) to ensure that it's fully cooked and safe to eat).
4. Add diced garlic to the pan and sauté for one minute. Add vegetable stock and stir to remove any bits stuck to the pan. Add heavy cream and parmesan cheese, then simmer for 2 minutes. Mix in 1 tsp of tomato puree, and season with oregano and chilli.
5. Add chopped sun-dried tomatoes and the chicken to the pan and continue to simmer until the sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Garnish the dish with semi-dried cherry tomatoes, fresh basil leaves, and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. Serve with pasta, rice, pearl barley, or boiled potatoes. Enjoy!
If you're interested in discovering new, delicious recipes, then make sure to subscribe to my recipe website. You'll receive updates on the latest and greatest recipes and tips, straight from my kitchen to yours. And, if you're looking for even more inspiration, be sure to check out my Instagram page where I share my culinary adventures and behind-the-scenes glimpses of my work.
But, the fun doesn't stop there. Head on over to my homepage to view all of my latest recipes and see what I'm cooking up next. Whether you're a seasoned chef or just starting out, I'm confident you'll find something that will tantalize your taste buds. So, why wait? Subscribe, follow, and visit today!
Tips for cooking Marry Me Chicken:
Start with high-quality chicken breasts - Look for chicken breasts that are firm and plump, with no signs of spoilage.
Reheating - When reheating the chicken, use a frying pan and add a small amount of water. Heat gently to preserve the quality of the sauce. Avoid using the microwave as it can cause the sauce to separate.
Shape - For a romantic presentation, use small chicken breasts and cut them in a butterfly shape. This will result in a heart-like appearance."
Don't forget wine - Merry Me Chicken goes perfectly with Red wine like Merlot and Pinot Noir or White Chardonnay.
Check out my other Recipes:
Berrichonne Potatoes - Check out my take on Pommes de Terre à la Berrichonne - a classic French dish featuring herby potatoes, bacon, and onions, slowly roasted in a flavourful blend of stock and white wine.
Greek Flatbread - I am excited to share with you a delicious recipe that will elevate your baking game. This easy-to-make Greek flatbread is the perfect addition to your meals.
Bigos - Polish Hunter's Stew - I am excited to share with you my family winter recipe for traditional Bigos, a hearty and flavourful Polish Hunter’s Stew fit for royalty.
Chicken Shawarma - Indulge in the flavours of the Middle East with my mouth-watering Chicken Shawarma served with the soft and fluffy Laffa Flatbread.