Updated: Jul 19
A super simple recipe for delicious Polish Apple Pancakes (Racuchy z Jabłkami). I will show you how to quickly and easily prepare my favourite snack from childhood.
They are extra fluffy thanks to the egg foaming technic, I used a hand mixer but you can do it with the whisk as well. Apple pancakes are perfect as a snack or dessert for kids and adults! Enjoy cooking!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This recipe makes 6 portions
2 medium-sized apples, peeled and small dice.
3tbsp of sugar
1tsp of baking powder
185g of plain flour
125ml of milk
1/2 lemon juice (skip if your apples are very sour)
1tsp of vanilla extract
oil for frying
icing sugar for dusting
1. Mix diced apples with juice of 1/2 lemon, set aside ready for later (don't add any lemon if your apples are very sour).
2. In the mixing bowl, whisk 1egg with 3tbsp sugar until fluffy (around 2 minutes)
3. Add 1tsp baking powder, 1tsp vanilla extract, 185g plain flour, 125ml of milk and whisk together until the lump-free batter is achieved. (if it seems too thick, add 20ml more milk, higher protein flour absorbs more liquid)
4. Fold in diced apples and mix together.
5. Heat frying pan to medium with 1tbsp of oil and add 2tbsp of pancake mix. Spread it slightly to the desired shape and fry on each side for around 2 minutes. (If they brown too quickly turn down the heat).
6. Once ready, dust with icing sugar and dig in!
7. Subscribe to my online cookbook for more delicious recipes! Thank you for visiting my online cookbook!
You can grate apples for a more uniform texture.