Smoked Tofu and Prawn Green Curry
Updated: Apr 29
Creamy and full of flavours with crunchy prawns and smoked, soy-glazed tofu. Easy to prepare, healthy choice for lunch or dinner.
Ingredients for 4 portions :
100g (3.5oz) green curry paste
400ml (14oz) coconut milk ( 1 tin )
150g (5.3oz) jumbo king prawns ( raw if possible )
280g (9.9oz) smoked tofu
100g (3.5oz) mangetout cut in squares ( you can use green beans instead )
100g (3.5oz) spinach
10g (0.35oz) coriander
1tsp vegetable stock powder
salt to taste
4 spring onions, chopped
2tbsp rapeseed oil
2tbsp sweet soy sauce
1 lime cut into four
250g (8.8oz) rice of your preference
1. Start by slicing tofu block vertically into four parts. Heat the oil on frying pan over the high heat and sear the tofu on each side until golden brown. Reduce the heat and add soy sauce to coat the tofu all around, be careful not to burn it you want gentle caramelisation.
When ready place the tofu aside, when cools down cut into squares.
2. Cook the rice of your preference.
3. Fry the green curry paste on a medium-hot frying pan for 2 minutes, add coconut milk and bring it to simmer.
4. Add the veg stock cube and dissolve it. When ready add prawns and simmer them for 3 minutes.
5. Throw in green vegetables, coriander and cook for another 3 minutes, add tofu.
6. Check seasoning, your dish is ready to be served with fresh-cut lime and rice.
Green curry paste can be prepared in advance.
Try to use fish or poultry instead of tofu.
Add red ladyfinger chillies if you prefer it very hot.