Soufflé Omelette Au Fromage
Want to impress your loved one with this amazing breakfast?
Super Fluffy Omelette with cheese and chives. Simple and delicious.
2 large eggs in the room temperature (use organic if possible)
1tbsp of plain flour (15 grams)
pinch of salt
40g (1.4oz) of cheese (I mixed cheddar with mozzarella)
5g (0.2oz) of finely chopped chives
1tbsp vegetable oil
any sauce you like (I had some ketchup)
salad to make things healthier
1. Separate the egg yolks from the whites.
2. In the metal or glass bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks.
3. Add flour and yolks mixed with salt, then fold slowly with a spatula until combined.
4. Heat the frying pan on medium heat, drizzle with oil.
5. Spread 3/4 of the mixture until round and equal (thinner layer makes it easier to turn).
6. Add cheese, chives and black pepper.
7. Add the second layer of the mixture to cover the ingredients.
8. Cook for a few minutes, until browned at the bottom and gently flip upside down with the help of a turner (This takes practice, you can also lift the pan at an angle to guide the turn. if done too early you may lose some of the shape and volume).
9. Cook until browned, when ready slice in four and enjoy.
Avoid using plastic bowls for whipping the egg whites. Plastic is porous and can interfere with the foam creation.
Slower folding movements do less damage to the foam so don't rush.
Try using different cheeses and herbs, be creative.
If you like the recipe, hit the subscribe button below!