Updated: May 21, 2020
I don't care what you are doing right now, go and makes some cookies! This delicious granola heaven goes amazingly well with a cup of hot coffee! My recipe is adjustable, you can use many different ingredients, depending on what have you got kicking around your house :)
Makes from 12 big - 20 small cookies
150g (5.3oz) butter
80g (2.8oz) brown sugar
80g (2.8oz) caster sugar
1tsp vanilla bean paste (or 1tsp of vanilla extract)
1 large egg
225g (8oz) self-rising flour (or 225g of plain flour plus 1/2tsp baking powder and 1/4tsp salt)
150g (5.3oz) of granola
I make my own granola by mixing pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, cranberries, raisins, oat flakes and all kinds of nuts. The sky is the limit when it comes to this so go crazy!
1. Heat the oven to 170C (338F).
2. Begin by creaming butter and both sugars until a smooth paste is created (you can use standstill or hand mixer).
3. Add an egg and vanilla bean paste, mix until combined.
4. Sift in the flour and bring the mixture together.
5. Add granola and mix until combined.
6. Divide the dough into equal size balls, flatten and place on the tray covered with baking parchment leaving some space in between for the expansion (I shape them in hands).
7. Bake for 8-14 minutes depending on cookie size, you are looking for soft, pale middle and browned sides.
8. When ready, allow to cool down for few minutes then move on to a cooling rack. Eat while warm!
To keep the cookies nice and crunchy wrap them tightly with moisture absorbent medium like a piece of old bread or special sachets that you can buy online. You can also rebake the cookies in a low-temperature (150C)(300F) oven for around 5 minutes.
Instead of vanilla bean paste, you can use a shot of espresso or some aromatic alcohol like brandy and rum (liquid ingredients may require a little bit more flour).
The cookie dough can be baked from frozen.