Updated: 7 days ago
I have turned the Challah bread recipe into the rolls. It is easy to prepare and they taste delicious. Happy baking!
Ingredients for challah buns (makes 10):
250ml of milk
30g (1oz) fresh yeast or 1,5tsp of active dry yeast
5 egg yolks + 1 for brushing
60g (2.1oz) caster sugar
80g (2.8oz) melted butter
550g (19.4oz) plain flour
pinch of salt
sesame seeds for garnish
1. In a small pan heat the milk to lukewarm, remove from the heat and dissolve the yeast, set aside for 15 minutes.
2. In the meantime use the same pan to melt 80g of butter.
3. Mix the plain flour with salt and sugar then add yeast mixture, egg yolks and melted butter. Bring the dough together and place it in the bowl to prove until tripled in size (1h). (dough may be slightly sticky, do not add any more flour, use a little bit of oil to shape it into a ball).
4. Once the dough proved, divide it into 10 balls around 100g (3.5oz) each, roll each ball and form a knot like on the video below. Then place away from each other on the baking tray, cover with cling film and leave for second prove to double in size (30-60 minutes).
5. When the buns are ready, brush them with egg yolk and sprinkle them with sesame seeds. Bake for around 20 minutes in 170C (338F)
6. Once the buns are done cool them on the rack for 15 minutes. Enjoy!
7. Subscribe for new recipe updates. Thank you for visiting my online cookbook!