Updated: Dec 24, 2020
Slow-cooked glazed pork belly with ramen noodles and delicious broth, all garnished with fresh coriander, garlic and chilli flakes.
Ingredients for 4 portions:
500g (17.6oz) Pork Belly Slices, chopped into 1cm cubes
350g (12oz) of Shandong Ramen Noodles
1,5 litre (1.6 quarts) of water for soup and extra for boiling noodles
10g (0.4oz) chopped coriander
3 tsp of Ajinomoto Pork Seasoning Powder
1 medium shallot chopped
1 medium carrot chopped
6 garlic cloves, peeled
1 stick of celery chopped
1 small leek chopped
2 tbsp of sweet chilli sauce
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp Shaoxing wine
1 tbsp vegetable oil
chilli flakes to taste
fried garlic to garnish
1. Prepare vegetables, garlic cloves and brown them in a pan on a medium heat. In the meanwhile prepare pork and add it to 1,5 litre (1.6 quarts) of hot water.
2. When vegetables are ready add them to soup and season with Pork seasoning powder, lime and 1tbsp of soy sauce. Simmer everything covered for around 1,5h or until pork is tender.
3. In the meantime cook the noodles in salty water as instructed on the packet and cool down ready for later.
4. When the meat is ready, separate soup from the solids by using a sieve. Pick the pork meat and brown it on high heat pan. Mix remaining soy sauce with sweet chilli and Shaoxing wine and pour over the pork, lower the heat and cook until sticky coated all around.
5. You can also keep the vegetables if you like, I only picked the simmered garlic because I love it!
6. Warm up the noodles in the soup, add sticky pork and garnish with fresh coriander, chilli flakes and fried garlic. Enjoy!
You obtain some of the Asian ingredients online.
This is a good base recipe, you can try to add other ingredients to your preference.
Some recommended products for this recipe: