Updated: Jul 17
Guys, stop buying hamburger buns in the shop and make your own! There is nothing more rewarding than a juicy burger with your own bread! No artificial additives, simple ingredients, straightforward recipe!
Ingredients for the 8 buns:
180ml of lukewarm milk (plus extra for brushing)(you can use water instead)
20g (0.7oz) of fresh yeast (2tsp active dry yeast)
430g (15oz) of plain flour
30g (1oz) butter at room temperature
40g (1.4oz) sugar
sesame seeds for garnish
40g (1.4oz) of melted butter for brushing
Method for the buns:
1. Dissolve the yeast in lukewarm milk and leave for 15 minutes to activate.
2. Mix the yeast mixture with all remaining ingredients then knead the dough until smooth (8 minutes) and allow to rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
3. Divide the dough into 8 pieces and shape each one into a ball then flatten slightly. Place on the baking tray covered with baking paper and allow to rise for another hour
(I used a little bit of oil to work with this type of dough).
4. When proofed, brush with milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds then bake the buns in a 190C (375F) fan oven for around 15 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Remove from the oven, place on a cooling rack and brush with melted butter.
6. Add some juicy meat inside and have a great binge!
6. Subscribe here to get new tasty recipe alerts to your inbox. Thank you for visiting my online cookbook!